Sunday, October 27, 2013

SAMPLE PLP for Achieve 3000


Personalized Learning Plan
Name:
Subject:
READING
Essential Questions: How can I use reading strategies to help me better understand what I read?
Real World Problem: How can I use strategies to help me read manuals, chapter books, recipes, newspapers, textbooks, etc…?

Common Core State Standards Addressed:
  • RI 4.10; 5.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, at the high end of the grades 4–5 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
  • RI 4.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
  • RI 5.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.

Evidence of Learning:
At the end of this Unit I will be able to:
To demonstrate the learning I will:
-demonstrate my comprehension of the text by completing the activities at 75% or higher.
-answer the Thought Question with 1-2 paragraphs
-score at least 75% on the activities.
-respond to at least 2 reading connections in the article.
-complete the Thought Question by following the directions provided in the box.

My Learning Plan:
What I need to know and understand:
I will accomplish this by:
Targets:
  • How to reply to the poll question
  • how to access the reading connections (summarize; generate questions; setting the purpose)
  • how to refer to the article when completing the activites
  • how to write 1-2 paragraphs in the Thought Question
  • how to use the information in the blue box (“include in your answer”) to help fulfill the requirements of the Thought Question
  • how to access the Thought Question to finish later
  • completing at least two articles a week
  • following the correct order of the article tasks
  • competing each step thoroughly




No comments:

Post a Comment